The fastest & easiest way to make the best compost & fertilizer.
Neatly packed in an easy to carry box, the hungry bin is fast and easy to put together.
Before you know it, you’ll be processing up to 2kg (4lb) of organic waste per day in the best compost bin available.
The hungry bin is a clean, simple and easy way to dispose of organic waste using compost worms. The hungry bin is designed to create an ideal living environment for compost worms. The worms convert the organic waste into worm castings and a nutrient-rich liquid, which are both high-quality fertilizers. It is easy to collect both the castings and liquid produced by the hungry bin.
Liquid drains down through the bin and passes through a filter housed in the floor, into the drip tray. This liquid is an ideal fertilizer. It is best to dilute the liquid with water before feeding it to plants, as it is very concentrated. A good dilution ratio is 1 part worm liquid to 10 parts water.
Compressed castings are easier to handle and largely free of worms. It is a simple process to collect both the castings and liquid produced by the hungry bin.
Continuous flow system: put your food waste in the top & harvest high quality nutrients in the bottom (no annoying layers or trays to move around!)
By the time the fertilizer makes it to the bottom, it's ready to use in your garden.
It takes approx. 3-4 months for the fertilizer to be ready to use.
Roughly 1l of liquid is made each week which can be used as fertilizer too - it contains all the nutrients your plants need!
Assembly instructions and a comprehensive instruction manual are also included.
- For customers in cold climate - it is recommended that the hungry bin be located indoors during the winter months in a mild, protected location such as an enclosed garage, basement or insulated shed.
- In summer months, maximize the hungry bins productivity by ideally choosing a sheltered, shady spot – the ideal temperature is between 15-25 degrees Celsius (60-80 Fahrenheit).
- Avoid extremes of temperature, particularly full sun in summer, as temperatures over 35C (95F) may kill the worms. You can wheel your bin between different locations depending on the weather conditions or season. If the bin is outdoors in winter, make sure it is not subjected to freezing conditions for extended periods of time.
- This product ships directly from our friends at Hungry Bin.
- It's available only to US customers.
- With over 20% of U.S landfill being food waste, we're delighted to offer you this masterfully designed Hungry Bin.