DID YOU KNOW... A harmful chemical is present in most of the mainstream sunscreen brands...
The toxic chemical is called Oxybenzone - and it is killing our coral reefs.
Oxybenzone creates DNA damage in coral which exacerbates coral bleaching. It leads to the death of coral and ultimately the eco-systems which depend on the reef.
As you probably know, coral reefs are a food source to hundreds-of-millions of people around the world.
They also provide jobs and income to local economies.
Every year, between 4000 and 6000 tons of sunscreen enter coral reef areas.
To give you some idea... toxicity occurs at a concentration of 62 parts per trillion - that’s one drop of water in an olympic pool.
It's predicted that over 90% of our reefs will be dead by 2050.
While sunscreen isn't the only factor contributing to coral bleaching - we feel the responsible thing to do is to use an organic and reef safe sunscreen.
Our favourite organic reef safe sunscreen is Sea & Summit.
Here's Why We Think You Will Absolutely Love Sea & Summit Sunscreen:
- Made in California, from organic plant-based materials
- Created to protect your skin and save the environment
- Designed to be a lotion, not a paste
- Rubs in easily, is light on the skin, and will not turn you white
- Certified natural
- Packed with biologically active antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and extracts, it continues protecting your skin long after environmental exposure
- Has that classic coconut scent you remember from when you were a kid.
PS. This lotion bottle is NOT in a plastic bottle - it is actually made from 100% recycled milk cartons!
- SPF 30
- UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum
- Reef Safe
- Water Resistant and moisturising
- Perfect for the family
- Oxybenzone Free
- Active Ingredient: Cosmetic Grade, Non-nano Zinc Oxide
The lightweight feel and ease of application make this sunscreen perfect for everyday use as well as water and sporting activities.
If that's not enough, it's also...
- No Parabens
- No Petrochemicals
- No GMOs
- No Chemicals
Apply liberally before sun exposure and at least every hour when in direct prolonged sun exposure. Reapply after sweating, swimming, or toweling off. Remember, clothing is the best protection, especially in the water.
Kukui Nut Oil, Aloe vera gel, Vitimin C, Astaxanthin, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Watermelon Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coconut Oil, Carrot Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Sunflower Oil, Mango Butter, Raspberry Extract, Jojoba Oil, Sodium Laurylglucosides, Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Vitimin E, Tridecyl Salicylate, Cranberry Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Zemea (corn) Propanediol
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 16% (non-nano, cosmetic grade)
- Shipped from Ohio, USA
- Shipping times are usually between 3-6 days inside the USA
- Cost is $6.99 flat rate
- Packaged in a mailer made from 100% recycled paper or cardboard box with biodegradable packing peanuts
- International Shipping starts at $15 and usually takes 10-14 days
Sorry about the shipping costs - we're a small business and can't afford to offer free shipping like the mega corporations just yet :(
30-day-money-back-guarantee. As always, we guarantee quality - if you're not satisfied for any reason, let us know and we will issue a hassle free refund right away.
Our goal is to plant 20,000 trees in 2020...
When you buy from us we try to stretch your support as far as possible. With every purchase, we will plant a tree in your honor through our charity organisation. It's a proactive approach to planet restoration.
Thank you so much for your support.