Conditioner bars are different to shampoo bars… here is how you should use them.
Our Humby Organics Conditioner Bars are highly concentrated, making them extremely moisturizing and nourishing.
However this creates a silky texture which results in less lather than the shampoo bar. But that's totally normal!
We’ve had multiple questions about how you should use the conditioner bar in comparison to the shampoo bar.
Here’s a quick video showing you exactly how you should use your conditioner bar for the most nourishing and long-lasting use.
If you can’t watch the video, here are some written instructions...
There are two main ways that you can use your conditioner bar:
- Apply directly on to your hair and rub all over
- Or you can lather up in your hands and then rub through your hair (this won’t create the soapy suds you’re used to from a shampoo bar, but rather a creamy paste)
Whichever way you use, here are some extra tips:
- The biggest mistake people make with the conditioner bars is not using enough. We recommend using them all over the hair, even on the roots. Some people are hesitant to do this because they have an oily scalp. Using the bars helps heal the scalp and prevents it from over producing oils after time.
- These bars rinse very clean and it is impossible to over condition with them.
- Run your fingers through your hair in the shower - and if there are still tangles or knots, you haven’t used enough. There should be very minimal effort to comb their wet hair after they get out of the shower.
- You can also use it as a leave-in conditioner! Just shave off some smaller pieces, add to a bottle with some water, and give it a shake. That should work as leave-in conditioner :)
Here are some other amazing benefits of using a conditioner bar:
- One of the most eco-effective switches you can make in your household
- Designed to last 2x longer than your regular bottled shampoo.
- Made from natural and organic ingredients
Handmade in the USA
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Thousands of five star reviews
- Compostable packaging
- Drain-safe & gentle on the waterways.
Thank you so much for your support. We continually sell out of these bars, so if you’re running low and we’re in stock, remember to top up!
And don't forget - if you want to try these conditioner bars, you can do so with no-risk-whatsoever.
We know how daunting it can be switching over to a new product. So we created a 30-day trial period for you. In other words, if you don’t love them, let us know and we will refund you the full amount.
Here are some of our most popular scents:
Our fave all-rounder bar for dry, colored, and/or curly hair. Super moisturizing with added Abyssinian Oil, Pro Vitamin B complex, Red Raspberry Seed Oil & more.
With healing peppermint oils known to help balance the scalp & heal dandruff, oily, and dry hair!
With organic lemon & real citrus peel which contains 10 X the recommended dose of Vitamin C which adds vitality and shine to your hair follicles.
Our fave for thin and fine hair due to the wonderful blend of essential oils which doesn't weigh the hair down. And it smells remarkable!
Contains tea tree oil - antifungal & antibacterial which fights against the fungus that causes dandruff, and does so without drying your scalp.
Perfect to add volume and shine to the hair, this blend of vanilla & coconut couldn't get any more beachy!
Thanks for reading and/or watching! We hope that this piece of content has given you some helpful information to allow you to live a more eco-conscious lifestyle.
If you have any questions at all - send us a message at email@example.com
Alice is the Content Manager at Zero Waste Cartel. She's an environmental biologist, plant enthusiast & avid tea drinker.
Hey _ I just ordered the shampoo/conditioner bars so I’m excited to try them – question: what plant do you have in your shower?
These videos are great, Alice is great, too. What’s not great? Your audio. It sounds to me that you’re just using the camera mic. That’s pretty amateurish and does not reflect well on your products or company. May I suggest you consider getting a lavaliere mic for Alice to wear when you shoot? A boom mic would be another possibility. ~ For the record, I am not trying to sell you anything, just trying to help you upgrade the quality of your work and, full disclosure, hoping to be able, old geezer that I am, to hear and understand Alice’s lovely voice and accent. ~ Cheers!
I love these!! I have been reducing my use of plastic, in general, in many ways, but was very skeptical of shampoo and conditioner bars. (Not sure why). I tried your mango scented shampoo and conditioner bars, and I am completely converted. I have grey/silvery, thin, long hair, and they both work so well for me. I also like the fact that the scent is subtle (I usually prefer unscented products) and does not remain on my dry hair. I am so happy, and one step closer to my goal of avoiding as much plastic as possible. Thank you for providing these products.
Love the shampoo and conditioner. They have lasted a long time. The environment thanks you
Thank you for this! I was about to give up on my conditioner bar (already love the shampoo bar.) I have long, curly, very dry hair and I couldn’t work up enough conditioner to make a difference. I tried again, this time rubbing the bar directly onto my hair in sections, starting at the roots, then working it through with my fingers. I rinsed, dried and brushed my hair. Then I got some more conditioner onto my hands and worked it through my hair as leave in conditioner. It worked AMAZING. My hair is soft and my curls are defined. I love cutting out the plastic bottles from my shower routine.