2. Replace your makeup remover with a simple ingredient like coconut oil! (which I also use in my hair every month as well, thanks to my friends suggestion!) ….if coconut oil doesn’t work for you, try blending Aloe Vera and witch hazel
3. Switch from bottled shampoo & conditioner and use shampoo & conditioner bars instead. They’re completely plastic free, so once they’re gone, they’re really gone! Plus they work wonders on your hair (we have an awesome selection handmade in Ohio from all natural ingredients!!!
4. Switch to a natural & plastic free deodorant, it may take a while for your body to adjust, we recommend giving yourself 2-3weeks to adjust & take the deo with you so you can re-apply if needed!
5. Refill! If you have a local bulk food store, check them out and see if they supply refills for products like body wash!
6. Switch to a bamboo toothbrush! This is probably one of the easiest and most effective switches you can make! Dentists recommend changing your brush every 3-4 months, so we have packs of 10 (a year’s supply!) available for you!
7. Safety razors. These single blade razors are gentle on you and the Earth.
8. Making your own products! If you are you are interested in any DIY bathroom recipes, we have heaps, just check out our blogs and social pages.
I hope these steps are useful and not too overwhelming, everyone's journey is their own and every eco-swap counts, no matter how big or small! Happy Sustainable Living!
PS if you want to buy any of these, you can get them here: